Individual and Family Health Insurance Policies
Anderson Health advises individuals, families and businesses on health insurance policies aimed to provide the perfect coverage for you.
Individual health insurance is designed to cover the cost of treatment for curable short-term illnesses or injuries, commonly known as acute conditions.
- Treatment for short term or acute medical conditions
- In-patient tests
- Hospital accommodation and nursing
- Out-patient tests
- Out-patient consultations with a specialist
- Pregnancy complications
Usually not included:
- Any medical conditions you had before taking out insurance, (otherwise known as pre-existing medical conditions)
- GP services
- GP referred diagnostic tests
- Cover for routine dental treatment
- Cover for long-term illnesses or injuries which cannot be cured, otherwise known as chronic conditions
- Health screening
What factors will affect how much I pay:
- Paying an excess – i.e. you pay the first part of any claim
- Choosing to receive treatment at a specific hospital
- Choosing a different grade of hospital room
- Paying for part of your treatment yourself i.e. an out-patient consultation with a specialist
Most Insurers now offer menu-driven products so Anderson Health will be able to advise you on the most suitable medical insurance options to meet your and your family’s specific needs.
You can take out a health insurance policy either by making an FMU (full medical underwriting) application or by completing a MORI (a moratorium) form.
FMU means that you will have to complete an application form giving full details of your medical history. Any pre-existing medical condition or on-going treatment will be excluded from cover. If necessary the insurer may write to your doctor for more information.
MORI is when you are asked to complete a form but you are not asked details of your medical history. Instead, the insurer will not cover any medical condition that has existed in the last five years. These conditions may become eligible for cover after two years if you do not have any symptoms or have not received any treatment, tests or advice (even a GP consultation) during the two-year period.
To find out more information about our individual and family health insurance policies, please do not hesitate to contact us 0207 868 1733 or fill in our contact form here and we will get back to you.
If you are in the market for private medical insurance, read through the full standards guide by clicking the button below.