Individual & Family
Health Insurance Policies
Individual & Family
Anderson Health advises individuals, families and businesses on health insurance policies aimed to provide the perfect coverage for you.
- Treatment for short term or acute medical conditions
- In-patient tests
- Hospital accommodation and nursing
- Out-patient tests
- Out-patient consultations with a specialist
- Pregnancy complications
- Any medical conditions you had before taking out insurance, (otherwise known as pre-existing medical conditions)
- Face to face GP consultations
- GP referred diagnostic tests
- Cover for routine dental treatment
- Cover for long-term illnesses or injuries which cannot be cured, otherwise known as chronic conditions
- Health screening
- Paying an excess – you pay the first part of any claim
- Choosing to receive treatment at a specific hospital
- Choosing a different grade of hospital room
- Paying for part of your treatment yourself, for example an out-patient consultation with a specialist
Most insurers now offer menu-driven products so Anderson Health will be able to advise you on the most suitable medical insurance options to meet your and your family’s specific needs.
Health insurance policies can be taken out either by making a Full Medical Underwriting (FMU) application or by completing a Moratorium (MORI) form.
FMU requires the completion of a medical application form giving full details of your medical history.
Any pre-existing medical condition or on- going treatment will be excluded from cover. If necessary, the insurer may write to your doctor for more information.
MORI is when you are not asked details of your medical history.
Instead, the insurer will not cover any medical condition that has existed in the last five years. These conditions may become eligible for cover after two years if you do not have any symptoms or have not received any treatment, tests or advice (even a GP consultation) during the two-year period.